The ATI Emergency Shutdown module is designed to provide reliable self-contained automatic control of pipeline valves based on pressure at the sensing point. This control module can be set up for automatic valve opening or closing depending on operational requirements. Many customers utilize this control module in conjunction with ATI’s Automatic Line Break Control module to provide a redundant shutdown function. Pressure is sensed and control action initiated through a diaphragm-operated hi-pressure pilot valve. The diaphragm pilot valve trip setpoint can be adjusted over a wide range of operating pressures. Once the line pressure drops below the setpoint, the diaphragm pilot valve applies pilot pressure to the primary poppet valve and the appropriate valve action is initiated. Utilizing the pipeline gas for both the pilot gas and power media makes the control system independent of regulator and other power source failure. The design simplicity utilizes minimal components and ensures the valve operates only when required. This control module can be integrated with other control modules, such as the Remote Electric Control module, to achieve various desired operational control strategies.
- Hi-pressure construction – no regulator, relief valve, or mechanical switching valve.
- All components constructed of corrosion resistant marine-grade, hard-anodized aluminum or stainless steel.
- Easily adjustable trip setpoint.
- No mechanical linkages, which are subject to environmental failure.
- Limit valve ensures complete opening or closing of the valve.