Accurate physical receiving of materials/product in order to maintain integrity of inventory control, and insures delivery of materials/product to the proper department.
- Design, model, and test prototypes for products.
- Conduct research and create design proposals for projects.
- Establish design briefs.
- Create concepts, performance, and production criteria.
- Identify and select materials needed for production.
- Produce final hand drawings and specifications.
- Create parts lists.
- List costs involved in production.
- Make samples of working models for demonstration.
- Plan marketing initiatives for product.
- Negotiate appropriate production processes.
- Travel to production facilities to evaluate processes.
- Improve usability of an item.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) to design concepts.
- Understands and adheres to organizational and department policy and
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times
- Maintains job-related
- Resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asks for assistance from appropriate supervisor/HR as
- Communicates respectfully at all
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Operates with a sense of team work
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Technology degree preferred
- Knowledge of the principles, concepts, and practices of design engineering
- 3-5 years experience
- 3-D modeling in CAD using Solid Works
- PLC programming experience plus
- Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Provides production support to the machining area and the assembly area.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Measures machine and parts during production to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Handles material review board responsibilities for product engineering
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION